We all know that flat iron will make your hair straight, so you are using this iron to straighten your hair not curling it, then why are you using a flat iron to curl your hair? When the in the first place its main function is not to curl, but make your hair straight. This is the same also with a curling iron, you are buying this type of iron to make your hair curl not to make it straight. But if you don’t have any choice but to use a flat iron in curling your there are also some tips on how to use it. Just make sure that you are using the correct flat iron for this purpose, because not all flat iron can curl your hair. You have to make sure that the iron that you buy can do the curling thing.
Flat Iron in Curling
This method of curling was used by many women out there who only have a flat iron instead of curling iron. Using your flat iron in curling is also a hit nowadays, but this method can only be possible if you have a flat iron that has a rounded edges. By this feature, it will make your curling a lot easier when using a flat iron, and also make sure that it you can choose the right heat temperature for iron so that it will make your hair curl.
- You will need a hair spray, you can use your favorite spray on this. But make sure that your hair spray is a good quality and that, it will not damage your hair.
- In curling your hair with a flat iron make sure that your hair is dry. If you have a straight hair you can automatically start curling your hair, but if your hair is wavy or curly you need to blowout first your hair with a paddle or round brush.
- The next is you will section your hair in three layers, but you can still layer it as many as you want. Always work with a 1-inch piece of your hair, do not work with a piece that is larger than your flat iron. Start by doing like what you are doing when you straighten your hair from root to the end and then twist your flat iron. Flip your iron so that your hair will be wrapped around your flat iron.
- Pull your flat iron to make sure that you are keeping it closed. Try pulling outward for a looser curl result and downward for a little bouncy curl look. Pull your flat iron all the way up to the end of your hair, just make sure that your iron is still closed. Continue this process in all of your hair and you will get the curls that you wanted.
Pros and Con’s in Using Flat iron for Curling
- In using this method, this will make your curls much faster than using a curling iron because you don’t have to hold the iron in place while the curl is setting.
- You can get much tighter curls if you will pull the iron slowly.
- In addition to curl, you can also crimp or wave your hair aside from straightening it. Click to see more hair straightening tips.
- If you will pull your iron quickly you can’t form curl.
- If your hair will slide through the plates you won’t get a spiral like curling.
- It is very difficult to switch the direction of your curl.
Curling Iron in Curling
- You can get the automatic curling effect with the same diameter and tightness.
- It is very easy to switch the direction of your curl.
- It is a very simple technique and you don’t have to worry about a hair sliding.
- Curling irons are much cheaper than flat iron.
- You can only use this to curl your hair not like flat iron it offers lots of features aside from straightening.
- You will need a different set of curling iron to have a different size of curl like loose curls and tight curls.
Click to read about hair removal tips!